5 Hands-On Artsy Experiences to Try in Tualatin Valley
From wine tasting to cycling along the valley’s scenic roads, there are plenty of experiences to be had in Tualatin Valley. If you’re looking for a creative outlet while visiting, or to try something you’ve never attempted, take a look at these five hands-on artsy experiences to try.
1. Learn how to weld at Live Laugh Love Art. This artist’s studio offers a three-hour introductory art welding workshop (for ages 12 and older). The class includes all the materials needed to make a metal work of art, and at the end of the class you are invited to stay to create a piece of art to take home.
2. Make your own rustic wood sign at Cork & Board Studios. Commemorate your visit with a hand-painted sign at Oregon’s first wine-and-sign DIY studio. Choose a design from the gallery, and create your own sign from scratch while sipping on complimentary local wine and beer.
3. Learn a new craft at Hillsboro’s Perks of Art. This indoor art market (a retail shop featuring a modern makers market) features locally made artisan wares and offers classes and workshops for all ages. The mixed-use space is a boutique artist collective, showcasing a variety of local artisan work, ranging from fine art to handcrafted products.
4. Learn to cook a new dish at Collective Kitchen. Collective Kitchen is a collaborative work-space for local artisans. Located in Historic downtown Hillsboro, the unique collective offers a variety of creative classes, which include cookie and macaron baking, bread, pies and other sweet treats, as well as sausage, soups and more.
5. Paint your own masterpiece at Wine & Design. Wine & Design offers acrylic painting classes at its dedicated art studio, located near Bridgeport Village shopping center. Sit down and create your own masterpiece while sipping on a glass (or two) of local wines.
Make your stay here a memorable one. Learn something new and take home a unique, personal souvenir from Tualatin Valley.
Tualatin Valley offers professional and community productions ranging from children’s theater and toe-tapping musicals to edgy and interactive.
The Tualatin Valley is an artist’s enclave. Many talented artists live and create here, and their works of art can be viewed throughout the area along these self-guided art walks.
As you walk the main streets of Tualatin Valley’s cities, keep an eye out for beautiful works of art in the most unlikely of places.