Intentional Setting Trip Planning
Intentional travel is trip planning with a purpose in mind. Are you looking for new experiences? Do you want to take a wellness trip? Do you want to travel with sustainability in mind? Here are some ideas to get you started.
Sustainable Travel in Tualatin Valley
Sustainability is an important way of life in Tualatin Valley, from establishing urban growth boundaries designed to preserve farm and forest lands to vineyards using sustainable practices for wine grape growing. Crafting an itinerary to support sustainability efforts is easy as it is fun.
- Taste biodynamic and organic wines at Cooper Mountain Vineyards, the first Demeter-certified biodynamic vineyard and winery in the Pacific Northwest.
- Shop sustainably (and tax-free) at the valley’s plethora of sustainable shopping options, from zero-waste to recycled treasures.
- Take a spin at K1 Speed, a state-of-the-art indoor go-kart experience with all-electric karts.
- Stay overnight at one of Tualatin Valley’s sustainable-first properties, Element Portland Beaverton. The hotel features EV charging stations and bicycles to borrow.
Wellness Travel in Tualatin Valley
“Wellness travel” is defined to be the pursuit or enhancement of personal well-being.
- Try “forest bathing” and take a walk through Tualatin Valley’s nature parks and wetlands and connect to protected nature. These nature walks showcase the valley’s open spaces, wildlife corridors and lowlands that showcase the region’s diverse ecosystem.
- Nurture your intellectual health with a visit to Beaverton’s Powell’s City of Books, a smaller version of the famed independent bookseller. Pick a journal and write about your adventures.
- Soak away your stress at an onsen soaking pool when you plan an overnight stay at the Cedartree Hotel. This new hotel offers Japanese-style onsen baths, providing a unique and luxurious experience. Rejuvenate at McMenamins Grand Lodge and have a soak in the soaking pool or have a relaxing massage at Ruby’s Spa & Salon.
High Energy Travel Experiences
Whether your goal for the year is to do things outside of your comfort zone or to find time to be more adventurous, plan to have high energy experiences in Tualatin Valley.
- Zipline all year ‘round at Pumpkin Ridge Zip Tour, a fully-guided canopy zipline tour with seven ziplines and two suspension bridges. Tree to Tree Adventure Park (open March-November) offers several adventures from aerial adventure courses, racing zip lines and more.
- The first of its kind experience in Oregon, iFly Indoor Skydiving offers a free-falling experience featuring a vertical wind tunnel that generates a “cushion of air.”
- If a glider plane or the idea of being a pilot for the day is more your speed, take a glider flight, The city of North Plains has the region’s only private-use glider airport. Take flight in a glider plane piloted by Willamette Valley Soaring Club, a non-profit organization dedicated to the sport of glider flying. Or you can earn your wings with NW Wings Aviation for an Adventure Flight over the Portland region.
Start your intentional trip planning today.