Small Tourism Grant Program
This cycle is now closed
The Washington County is now accepting applications for its Small Tourism Grant Program. Applicants may apply for grants up to $7,500 in funding. This is a pilot program for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 only.
About the Program
The Small Tourism Grant Program supports entities with projects and programs that the WCVA Board of Directors believes have extraordinary merit and will positively impact and increase overnight visitation to Washington County, Oregon.
The grant supports initiatives that are aligned with the WCVA’s mission and strategic goals, and grant funds are intended to be invested in the development of assets that will directly lead to an increase in visitors to Washington County. The board seeks projects with the following characteristics (this list is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor is it a listing of all criteria that will be used in evaluating proposals):
- Projects that result in overnight stays in paid accommodations (e.g. hotels, motels, B&B, RV parks, camping);
- Projects that serve unmet visitor needs;
- Projects to create, expand, and/or improve business activity focused on visitors;
- Projects that have clear objectives and deliverables and are accompanied by a plan for evaluating the short-term and long-term impacts of the project, with a concentration on tourism-related economic impact (see definition of tourism);
- Projects that leverage support from other sources, including funds that may be available through state or federal programs;
- Projects that are collaborative in nature and/or linked with or supported by existing multi-community, regional, or statewide programs and efforts;
- Projects that provide evidence of support, endorsement, and demand by the communities or constituencies the project proposed to serve.
Eligible projects include any festival, event or project that will benefit tourism. If applying, funding preference will be given to multi-day events taking place within Washington County’s boundaries. Events shall be open to the general public.
Consideration for the Small Tourism Grant is given to activities that may include (but are not limited to):
- Small Capital Projects
- Print collateral
- Development of new events or major exhibits and activities
- Event hosting
- Event bid fees
- Extend a current event for additional days
- Sponsorship for special events or exhibits
Ineligible projects, activities, or expenses include:
- Administrative or membership fees
- Business operating costs
- Travel and mileage
- Apparel for volunteers and/or staff
- Non-visitor events (examples include, but are not limited to: dinners, auctions, fund-raisers, galas, school events, classes/workshops, clinics, camps, etc.)
Deadlines to Apply
Completed applications must be received by the WCVA by 5 p.m. on the following dates*:
October 1, 2019 January 31, 2020