After the spring cleaning, you deserve some spring drinking! While we love visiting wineries rain-or-shine, spring days give steam to our wine tasting game. With the North Willamette Wine Trail Weekend April 13-14, the wineries found in the Tualatin Valley are daring us to a marathon wine weekend.
From the North Willamette Vintners, the Wine Trail invites wine lovers to experience wines from 16 different wineries over two vino-packed days. What’s more, the Wine Trail weekend is actually about so much more than wine. It’s truly about our intertwined wine, agricultural, art and culinary communities. This intermingling of passions can be seen as each winery shares its wines with thoughtful food pairings, entertainment and hands-on activities.
Upon experiencing each special activity, trail-goers will receive a commemorative pin at each winery. Over the course of the weekend, collect as many pins as you can as a sweet memento of your North Willamette Valley weekend getaway.
Buy your tickets now. A wine kit—including a glass, map, and brochure of each winery and its accompanying activity—will be waiting for you at that winery. Lunch options will also be available for purchase at many of the wineries.
Drink up these details:
- $75 per person includes the two-day Wine Trail weekend with activities, wine tastings, food pairings, and wine glass.
- $50 per person for Saturday-only or Sunday-only ticket; ticket includes glass, activities, wine tastings, and light food pairings.
- $25 for a designated driver ticket; ticket includes activities and light food pairings, as well as two single-use wine tasting passes for a future visit.
The North Willamette Wine Trail Weekend is primed to be a stellar, full-blown wine getaway. Treat yourself by booking a room at a nearby hotel. Here are a few convenient lodging options:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Beaverton
- Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
- The Orenco Hotel
- Embassy Suites Hillsboro
- Best Western University Inn and Suites
- Springhill Suites
If you’re like us, then you’re ready to go down that research rabbit hole in preparation for your wine getaway. Find even more information via the North Willamette Vintners.