Visitors may purchase small amounts from a licensed dispensary, and may possess up to one ounce of cannabis. Under the law, you may also share, giveaway and receive cannabis.
- List of all licensed dispensaries in Oregon (Please note that cannabis may only be purchased from dispensaries that are licensed as “Retail.”)
Possession and use of cannabis is legal for adults age 21 and older; however, it is your responsibility to know the law and to understand what is legal and what is not in the state of Oregon.
However, there are many rules governing where you may legally consume cannabis, and fines up to $1,000 may be incurred if these rules are not followed.
What’s Not Legal?
- You may not smoke or consume cannabis in a public place (including parks, bars, sidewalks, etc.).
- You may not smoke cannabis in most hotel rooms (check with individual hotels regarding their policies).
- You may not operate a car or bicycle while under the influence of cannabis.
- You may not transport cannabis across state lines.
- You may not smoke or possess in some Oregon cities and/or counties (list of Oregon cities and counties where cannabis use and possession is unlawful). Currently, use and possession and use is legal in all cities within the Tualatin Valley and Washington County.
To ensure you have the latest information on Oregon’s cannabis laws, please refer to the following sites:
- Port of Portland (Portland International Airport)
- State of Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program
- Oregon Liquor Commission’s Record of Cities/Counties Prohibiting Licensed Recreational Marijuana Facilities.